Gallery
Gallery

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday Topics 2 - The Big CC


Here's a photo of my younger daughter, walking Cabana and doing a very nice job of it!

With my Tuesday posts, I want to ask questions of other puppy raisers (thanks to all those who responded last week!). So, for those who have had puppies that were career changed, I'd like to know if you had any idea that this would happen. I'm sure you didn't if it was for a medical reason--but if it was for a behavioral issue, were there clues along the way that made you think that your puppy might be career changed? Or was it a total surprise? Our puppy group leader says that each puppy makes a decision as to whether they want to be a working dog or not (excepting medical reasons). Could you tell during the puppy raising stage what decision your puppy was making, or does the decision come later?

I know that getting career changed isn't a horrible thing. I've learned from reading other puppy raising blogs that there are many other careers available, and being someone's pet is far from a letdown! After all, it's what's best for everyone, puppy included.

No comments:

Post a Comment