Gallery
Gallery

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Visit to Guide Dogs' Campus

So this morning, having everything better to do with my time, I decided to play hooky from all the projects I should have been working on. And I drove to the GDB campus for a tour. I had only been there once before for a graduation. Cabana and I were the only ones there for the tour today, so we got our own private one! Thanks to Brian, our excellent tour guide, pictured below.


Here's some pics of a puppy socialization outing on the grounds. This pup has petals stuck to her nose!! She reminds me of someone wearing a fake mustache.



Photos of pups in the kennels. Such cuties!



Recalled dogs in the kennels.

Pups at playtime with volunteers. The collie is Pearl, who helps socialize the puppies. She's gorgeous!



And Cabana in front of the puppy truck.

This is the only time she sat calmly for the whole hour. She was totally hyped up (i.e. pulling on her leash non-stop), being so close to all those puppy pals. Now she's snoozing on the floor, absolutely exhausted. Hopefully, being around the kennels a bit will help prepare her for recall (fingers crossed). I might take her to the campus every few months--I hate to think of her being scared there, and I'm hoping being there previously will help at least a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment