Gallery
Gallery

Monday, December 7, 2009

Dogzilla Strikes Again

up-close shot of Cabana's face as she walks away from a pile of little blue rubber pieces
I bought Cabana a non-approved toy the other day, called Dogzilla something or another. This is what Cabana has done to the toy. It didn't last more than an hour or two, even though I thought it looked strong and sturdy. Thankfully, Cabana doesn't eat any of the pieces. She just likes to leave her configuration of destruction on the floor. Got any suggestions for long-lasting toys that aren't on the GDB approved list? We already have all the approved toys--I was just looking to spice things up a bit.

Other than the destroyed toys, Cabana and I are adjusting to pet life tremendously well. Wow, it's a whole lot easier to have a pet dog than a puppy-in-training! However, I am so grateful for GDB's introduction to dog ownership. I'd have been a train wreck if I hadn't had their guidelines, resources, and puppy training manual.

slice of Fuji apple on the kitchen rug with water bowl next to itAs many commenters suggested, I've been introducing Cabana to fruits and veggies. She loves them--carrots, brussels sprouts, and apples so far. When she's not looking, I leave a small piece by her water bowl. Then, she can find them the next time she goes for a drink, and voila--whoa, what's this fancy little surprise?!

Cabana finding the slice of apple and taking a lick, yummy yummy
I don't ever give the people food to Cabana directly, though. She's SO good about not begging when we're eating (although she does like to sniff at the edges of our table when we're eating dinner, like, "Hmmm, I wonder what Mom made for dinner tonight?"), and I want to keep it that way. If she just "finds" the veggies in the same spot, then she won't get the notion that she can ask for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment