Gallery
Gallery

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Don't Litter, Spay or Neuter

white t shirt that says I spade my dog, but the spade is a spade like on a playing cardI can't wear this t-shirt yet, but I'd be able to next week (if I owned it). Cabana is scheduled for her spay on Wednesday, December 16. That was the earliest date available at GDB vet clinic when I called right after Cabana was career changed. At the time, I thought that date was too far away and that SURELY Cabana would go into season in the interim. Then, I'd need to call and reschedule for a few weeks after she was finished being in season.

BUT, NO! At over 14 months of age, still no season for Cabana! Hopefully, she can hold out a few days longer so she can be spayed as scheduled.

I'll bring her in the day before, they'll keep her overnight, perform the operation. Then, I pick her up the following day, on Thursday. As luck would have it, months ago, we had planned a party at our house for that Saturday, just 3 days after her operation. We'll probably keep her upstairs in our bedroom so she won't get overly excited with all the people and festivities.

I know Cabana will have to wear an e-collar for a couple weeks and that she'll need to stay fairly still and unexcited for her recovery. But I don't really know much else about what to expect. I'd appreciate any tips and warnings.

After Cabana gets spayed, I can finally get her a city dog license (we didn't have one previously since she wasn't really our dog). If I get her a license without having her spayed first, it costs more than 3 times as much as for a spayed/neutered dog.

Then, after I get her dog license and after she's recuperated from her surgery, I can finally take her to the dog park! There's a fabulous private dog park nearby, where there are 3 separately fenced areas. So if there's a dog that doesn't get along with yours, you can go to one of the other areas. This place also has obedience training, canine good citizen testing, agility, doggie daycare, AND sheep herding! I don't think we'll do the sheep herding, but I'm looking forward to trying just about every other feature they offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment