Gallery
Gallery

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bathing Beauty


After our trip to the beach yesterday, it was time for a bath. Cabana LOVES her baths and might be happy to have one everyday. Too bad she has to go 6 weeks in between.

In the past when I've given her baths in our bathtub, I would pick Cabana up and put her in the water. Now at 50+ pounds, it's a bit hard on my back to lift Cabana, but I had every intention of doing that again this time.


(Erin, notice our humongo TN Vols cup! It's great for pouring water onto Cabana.)

This time, Cabana didn't give me a chance. After I ran the water for a while, just as I was going to pick her up, she gracefully hopped right in! She's not always willing to hop up or over things, so I hadn't even considered trying to get her to go in on her own.

I got in the tub with her so I could reach her more easily, slid the doors shut (thank goodness for shower doors, they make dog bathing so much easier), and after soaping and rinsing, I let the water drain out. She stood there calmly the whole time, then gave herself a good shake, after which I slid open the door. Again, I was just about to pick her up to take her out of the tub, but she hopped right out on her own! Such a smart and accommodating puppy!!


Here, Cabana dries off on top of and under towels, waiting patiently while I take my turn to get clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment