Gallery
Gallery

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Topics 21 - Frito Feet

Two months since retiring Tuesday Topics, I am resurrecting it to appeal to the masses for advice on a big problem: Cabana's feet stink to high heaven!! They smell like Fritos but far more pungent and putrid.

I have researched the topic online, and while there are many that have the same problem and concur that their dogs' feet smell like corn chips, no one really says what to do about it!

Cabana had a bath only 2 weeks ago, and I occasionally wipe her feet down with a wet washcloth. But it doesn't seem to help with the smell. It might even be making the smell worse. There's nothing lodged in her foot pads, no signs of any problem.

It has gotten to the point that just having her in the car with me (Cabana in the backseat, me in the front) is enough to make me gag. I have to keep the windows open so we won't get asphyxiated by the stench. Help! Someone needs to invent doggy odor eaters.

Cabana also has another odor at times, a weird indescribable smell for which I have coined the scientific term "butt paste". The first time I smelled it was when Cabana was about 10 weeks old, she was sitting on my lap and left a smidge of clear thick fluid on my jeans. It was just a tiny blob, but it smelled so strong and unpleasant that I had to change my clothes immediately. Ever since then, she occasionally emits that "butt paste" smell, although I haven't seen any accompanying fluid since. Has anyone else experienced this with their dogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment