Gallery
Gallery

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kibble-Sicles



It's been hot around here for the past couple days, so I made Cabana some fun kibble ice cube treats. I saw these on someone else's puppy blog, although I can't remember whose--sorry, I'd like to be able to give the person credit!



Our refrigerator has an automatic ice maker, so I bought this cute Ikea ice cube tray especially for the purpose of making Kibble-Sicles (like popsicles) for Cabana. There are 2 pieces of kibble in each "fishy".


Yum, the perfect snack for a hot afternoon. Oops, is it bad that she's eating them off the ground? I guess I should be serving them in her food bowl....

It was also too hot to cook, so we went out for dinner tonight. We don't eat out very often (we're more into carry-out, I guess), and my husband has been somewhat reluctant to take Cabana to restaurants. So Cabana is sorely lacking in restaurant etiquette. Overall, I thought Cabana conducted herself pretty well tonight, although our waitress did rather snidely remark, "She's DEFINITELY still in training" to another waitress. It was difficult to get Cabana to sit under the table, and in the beginning, she would bolt up whenever anyone passed by. By the end of the meal, though, Cabana stayed consistently in a down position, although she still wasn't quite under the table.



Yep, we've still got work to do in this department. Well, I suppose it's a good excuse to eat out more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment