Gallery
Gallery

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Missing home in the Fall

OK. It's finally Autumn. I grew up in a beautiful California town that had the best seasons throughout the whole year. I use to love the cooler weather, the smell in the air and watching the trees change color. I don't have that now in Texas. It's hot pretty much all year long. And with it still feeling like Summer, it's kind of getting me down a bit and making me miss home more. When I go outside I smell nothing and I feel the heat and humidity. I sometimes sit in my house and look out the window and imagine what this beautiful season felt like. Wishing I could go back home for a while and experience what Autumn feels like again. But I know I can't. I need to just try and focus on taking the kids to the pumpkin patch this weekend. I love to see them pick out their pumpkins. It's just so cute and making memories like this is so important for your kids. Even though your heart is sad. I treasure these times always...

No comments:

Post a Comment