Gallery
Gallery

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Proud to Be a Raiser


This is another new pup in our group, Tulani. She is 4 months old and was transferred from another group. Our fabulous CFR, Celeste, was at our puppy group last night, and she spent some time with Cabana. I have so much to tell about that, but I will post about it tomorrow.

For today, I wanted to mention R's blog In the Center of the Roof, though I know many other puppy raisers have found her wonderfully written blog already. R became blind about a year and a half ago and is going through the steep learning curve of learning to navigate life without the sight she'd had for the previous 29 years of her life. She is currently in the application process with Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Recently, R learned about puppy raisers, and the gratitude and amazement she shares in her post is so heartwarming. Her anticipation to get a guide dog someday and have it become her eyes so touched me, and I was reminded about how important puppy raising is.

I'm keeping this post bookmarked so I can easily find it on days when I need a little attitude pick-me-up.

R's post about puppy raisers can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment