Gallery
Gallery

Monday, November 30, 2009

It's So Fun to Break the Rules!

Cabana laying on a red fleece blanket on our plaid sectional couch Guide dog puppies are not allowed on furniture, so with the exception of the lawn chair out on our porch, Cabana has never been on a couch, chair or human bed. Not even once!

Last night, for the first time, we invited Cabana onto our couch to watch the Hallmark movie, "A Dog Named Christmas" (which we only watched half of and that I was somewhat disappointed by--but I know I'd have been crying buckets if we hadn't decided to keep Cabana). Following Martha's example with Ardella, we put a red blanket on the couch first, then gave Cabana the "go to bed" command. She jumped right up and settled herself on the blanket. That will be Cabana's blanket, and she will only be allowed to sit on the couch by invitation and on that blanket. Hopefully.

When I watch TV, I sit on the floor with Cabana--I've done this for the whole past year! I haven't minded all that much. I put a pillow behind my back and lean against the ottoman, and I hold Cabana's sterilized bones while she chews. It's not that comfy on my rear, although I have plenty of "natural padding".

So it was a huge treat, not just for Cabana, but also for ME!, that we got to snuggle up on the couch together! It's so much nicer than snuggling on the floor! Now I finally understand why people let their dogs up on their couches, even though the upholstery gets smelly and stained and chewed up. Good thing reupholstery is a hobby of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment